Professor of Astrophysics and Cosmology
Tel: +98 21 6616 4531
Fax: +98 21 6602 2711
Personal Page: http://sina.sharif.edu/~rahvar
Group Page: http://physics.sharif.edu/~cosmology
- Faculty at Sharif University of Technology since Jan. 2002
- Visiting researcher at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics 2011-2013
- Extra-Solar Planet Observation: The gravitational Microlensing method has the advantage of detecting the earth type planets beyond the snow-line. We are doing the follow-up observations of the ongoing microlensing events and expect to have enough statistics after few years to measure the mass function of planets. This is an important factor for testing the planet formation scenarios. One of the interesting aspects of the extra solar planet studies is finding an earth-like planet at the habitable zone of a star, a great step for investigating the possibility of life out Earth !
- Dark Matter and Dark Energy: I am interested in to the alternative models of the dark matter scenarios as the modification of the gravity or the dynamics.
Course of this semester:
1- Basic Physics: Mechanics ( Ref: Fundamentals of physics, R. Resnick, J. Walker & D. Halliday)
2- Astrophysics: joint course for B.Sc and M.Sc students (Ref: (i) An introduction to Modern Astrophysics, B. W. Carroll & D. A. Ostlie (ii) Cosmology and Astrophysics through problem, T. Padmanabhan).
Recent courses taught
2- Cosmology for undergradute students at http://maktabkhooneh.org/course?course=rahvar964
3- Basic mechanics & electromagnetism
5- Cosmolgy for graduate students
6- General Relativity
7- Large Scale Structures formation in the Universe
My couse at this semester: Physics Electricity and Magnetic
1) 2016- Distingushed National researcher and Saramadan-Elmi Award
2) 2015- Distingushed National researcher and Saramadan-Elmi Award
3) 2014- Distinguished researcher at Sharif University of Technology
4) 2012- Distinguished researcher at Sharif University of Technology
5) 2002- Gold medal of Al-Khawrazmi young researcher